Saturday, December 30, 2006

smile darn ya smile.

just realized it has been almost 2 months since i posted on this thing. well, a great deal has been happening and I have had very little time.

InsideChris pointed the no-post thing out on Christmas when i was on his blog and he was looking over my shoulder at memom & dedad's house. let me tell you, it's been a h3ll of a couple of months.
BAD THINGS...
1) my lovely nice '01 Olds Aurora blew a rod right before thanksgiving. I have asked several knowledgeable people about an engine for the thing; most all have told me that the engine is built on the Cadillac 4-stroke model and is very hard to find. I still owe $10k on the fargin' thing, and most of the reputable mechanics want to replace everything under the hood and not just the engine; lowest bid on that was $5k. therefore i will now have to pay on a rusting hulk of rubber and metal that will sit in my backyard because it was financed thru Toyota & they don't give a shit.

2) i have a personality conflict with a person at my new job. my nickname for this person will be Ms. Entitlement. this description may strike some as racist, but it is not intended to be. it is a simple description of what and who she is; an Entitled Black Woman. (lovely stepdaughter's fiance', who happens to be black, knew EXACTLY what i meant by that, too. ) she has gotten better over the last week but not by much, and i am the only person in the office that she treats this way. i must therefore adjust my attitude and try to cut up with her like i do with everyone else. if it works it works; if it doesn't, i'll just avoid her as much as i can.

3) "happy feet" went from an enjoyable "it's okay to be different" movie to a political statement about overfishing and killing off tapdancing emperor penguins within about 5minutes. dreck. my head literally hurt when i left the theater. was absolutely NOT expecting a political statement of that magnitude in a kid's movie.

4) i hate christmas. nuff said.

GOOD THINGS...
1) my sister in law was nice enough to give me her 99 pontiac montana, a minivan. dudeboy has not complained about having his knees up to his ears in the backseat of the cavalier, but he exclaimed, "i'm free!!" the first time he sat in the minivan's middle seat.

2) christmas and its resulting stress is over. yay.

3) saddam hussein is dead. he can no longer torture anyone.

4) 3.54 GPA. heh. no class for 2 wks, we go back on 1/9 or whatever the 2nd thursday in january is. Terry Miethe is the instructor for my mythology class.
http://people.half.ebay.com/Terry-L-Miethe_W0QQcidZ1023640118QQmZbooks
yeah, that's him. gave us a paper covered front & back with this kind of stuff and proceeded to tell us he didn't give a shit about any of that stuff (nearly exact quote, very salty language. he's great !!). very likeable and knowledgeable. this class will not be nearly long enough for my taste.

5) might just go see "night at the museum" to blow off the unpleasant experience i had with "happy feet".

well, have a happy new year everyone, i will try to post a bit more on here next year. eat your black-eyed peas on new years day !!